Internet Marketing Idea – Sidewiki Easter Eggs
There is some debate as to whether it will take off and that has a lot to do with how Google promotes the software and whether website managers embrace the technology.
For me, it’s the perfect Easter egg hunt. We can have a lot of fun with it if we want. I’ve gone and left messages for friends and competitors and even visitors to my own sites. For instance on my Facebook business page, I left a special message anybody can see, but only visitors who join can implement and it benefits everyone. But to see the message, you need the secret decoder for the invisible ink. I’ve left welcome messages for visitors on all my SEO sites.
There are a lot of creative ideas for webmasters and bloggers to create amazing Easter eggs for site visitors using Sidewiki.
- Hidden links only viewable on the wiki.
- Special offers.
- It’s endless!
Like any media Easter egg, there is a work around without having to hunt all over the Internet. The Google profiles associated with the software record all comments made and provide links to the pages where comments were left. If enough data is entered into the profile, it becomes searchable. That is the SEO aspect of Google Sidewiki.
I was just fooling around so I didn’t go into any secret stealth mode to hide my eggs. However, that’s something to be considered for an extensive Sidewiki Easter egg marketing campaign.
Whether this technology is widely adopted certainly remains in question. But it’s pretty easy for any web manager to provide a web message on their home page for Sidewiki. An extensive Easter egg campaign isn’t necessary until we see more signs the technology is being used. Or it could be such a campaign might just differentiate your site?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Contact SEO by Swaby
Salt Lake City, UT
Business Insight Correspondent for:
- Facebook for Business - Powerpoint Presentation
- Blogger Quick Tip - Connect Your Blog to LinkedIn
- How to Score Mega Points on Foursquare
- Utah's Top Bloggers 2010
- Utah's Top Blogger Wrap Up
- Foursquare Partnerships
- Nestle Makes Butterfinger Move on Facebook
- Ten Fearless Predictions About Internet Marketing in 2010
|Chris on Misusing Social Media in Ameri…|
|Jerry Martin on Steve Cloward and Reputation…|
|Rouble Narine on Trade Contractors and Internet…|
|Everett on How to Get Twitter Followers…|
|John Clark on Steve Cloward and Reputation…|
Archive by Month
- January 2013 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (11)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (14)
- May 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (7)
- March 2010 (10)
- February 2010 (14)
- January 2010 (16)
- December 2009 (15)
- November 2009 (23)
- October 2009 (43)
- September 2009 (31)
- August 2009 (8)
Contact Me on SEOmoz
Check out the SEO Services Marketplace
- Moar FB features!... fb.me/2gAIefYKg 1 month ago
- money.cnn.com/2013/04/08/tec… fb.me/216g5sHZa 1 month ago
- fb.me/1UP9hqtL2 1 month ago
- Great tip for adding html to Facebook timeline AND you can fangate again!... fb.me/26ekbGYqw 1 month ago
- Great tip for adding html to Facebook timeline AND you can fangate again!... fb.me/1YOVcS3CW 1 month ago
- 2012 in Review
- The 10 Commandments of Social Media
- How to Network for a Job Using Social Media
- Groupon & Living Social Cover Story
- What is the Value of Twitter?
- How to Add RSS to Facebook
- Mark Zuckerberg Comes to Utah
- How to Add Photos to a Facebook Business Page
- The Future of Online Marketing
- Transparency Dictates We Grow Thicker Skins