Using Twitter for Business Research
I’m currently working on a client project to promote an author contest that runs until the end of March.
One of the suggestions I made was to use Twitter as a way to build awareness since the contest is open to anybody who has a published book they want to promote.
After doing keyword research, I set up some auto-follows in TwitJump and did a couple searches on Twitter.
The two biggest reasons I performed these searches was for business research. I wanted to know –
1. Who are the big Tweeters in this market vertical…
2. Are there any industry specific hashtags I should be using in the tweets.
Just a couple searches for my highest traffic, relevant keywords gave me all the answers I needed. I can now start following some of the relevant people that are connected to these big Tweeters. I can also email or @reply to them with news of my clients contest and their press release.
Additionally, I know which hashtags are going to carry more weight and relevance to my tweets so I can be sure to add them for maximum effectiveness.
Note to self – do this for all your clients!
Contact SEO by Swaby
Salt Lake City, UT
Business Insight Correspondent for:
Archive by Month
- April 2016 (1)
- December 2014 (1)
- November 2014 (2)
- October 2014 (14)
- September 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (3)
- September 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (11)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (14)
- May 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (7)
- March 2010 (10)
- February 2010 (14)
- January 2010 (16)
- December 2009 (15)
- November 2009 (23)
- October 2009 (43)
- September 2009 (31)
- August 2009 (8)
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- My Last Blog Post…Because Blogs Are Dead
- Facebook Has Replaced the Annual Christmas Letter
- I Just Broke up With foursquare
- Real Estate Online Marketing Class
- 5 WordPress Plugins You Must Have
- Do I Need a SEO Plugin?
- How to Choose a WordPress Plugin or Theme
- Real Estate Agents Should be Using Twitter Now!
- How to Build a Twitter Following Organically
- My Biggest Twitter Regret