What is the Value of Twitter?
People who don’t “get” Twitter often ask me what it’s really good for. Charlie Sheen isn’t the only one getting some mileage out of the microblogging service. I tell people it’s a real-time search engine. If there’s one takeaway from this article for you, I want that to be it.
In the example above, I asked a question about something I didn’t know about. Within minutes I had an answer…from somebody I trust. While I don’t know this person in real life, I do know their expertise and found it to be trustworthy. I also received responses from two other people I didn’t know with a few other suggestions.
My biggest concern was finding a host with easy WordPress installation. I know what’s a competitive price for hosting and Dreamhost was slightly higher than what I’d been paying. I checked out Dreamhost’s site from a link in their Twitter profile and everything looked good. When I went to sign up, it asked for a discount code. I didn’t have one, so I Googled it. Within seconds I found one that discounted the price $97. For $22, I got a year of hosting with a one click WordPress install.
It’s not all the way up yet, but my new SEO website is at least presentable. That is the value of Twitter.
Contact SEO by Swaby
Salt Lake City, UT
Business Insight Correspondent for:
- The One Question All Your Advertising Should Answer
- How Should Facebook be Used?
- Facebook for Business - Powerpoint Presentation
- How to Network for a Job Using Social Media
- Utah's Top Bloggers
- How to Score Mega Points on Foursquare
- Foursquare Etiquette at Weddings
- Blogger Quick Tip - Connect Your Blog to LinkedIn
- Six Sales Principles for Internet Marketing
Archive by Month
- November 2014 (2)
- October 2014 (14)
- September 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (3)
- September 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (11)
- July 2010 (11)
- June 2010 (14)
- May 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (7)
- March 2010 (10)
- February 2010 (14)
- January 2010 (16)
- December 2009 (15)
- November 2009 (23)
- October 2009 (43)
- September 2009 (31)
- August 2009 (8)
Contact Me on SEOmoz
Check out the SEO Services Marketplace
- RT @BetaList: Basket: A beautiful bookmarking experience btl.st/1r7KuCY http://t.co/oNx4bEBi9B 6 hours ago
- RT @BetaList: Linkibl: Discover links, videos, articles & write posts that fit your interests btl.st/1GYWEQy http://t.co/TGlpCT8MVe 10 hours ago
- RT @BetaList: imagpic: Turning every image into a shopping opportunity btl.st/1zFYLIJ http://t.co/MjAo2l238x 12 hours ago
- RT @BetaList: NewsHedge: Automated squawk service that informs you of notable trading events btl.st/1r5ATMQ http://t.co/phGkS0R6ij 14 hours ago
- RT @BetaList: Monitority: Free website monitoring service btl.st/1J9iWCR http://t.co/KWumCeX4Do 1 day ago
- I Just Broke up With foursquare
- Real Estate Online Marketing Class
- 5 WordPress Plugins You Must Have
- Do I Need a SEO Plugin?
- How to Choose a WordPress Plugin or Theme
- Real Estate Agents Should be Using Twitter Now!
- How to Build a Twitter Following Organically
- My Biggest Twitter Regret
- Twitter is the Go To Social Media Channel
- Keywords are Everywhere – 5 Things You Don’t Know About Keywords